This is the full list of Universities approved for Part-Time programmes in Nigeria. There are a total of 38 Universities approved for part-time programmes for 2018.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved a total of 38 Universities to run Part-Time programmes in Nigeria. The full list of approved institutions is made up of 13 Federal Universities, 18 State universities, and 8 Private Universities. Prospective candidates should see full list below.
List of Approved Federal Universities for Part-Time Programmes
- University of Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Calabar
- University of Benin
- University of Abuja
- University of Uyo
- University of Jos
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile — Ife
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University ofTechnology, Owerri
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Bayero University, Kano
List of Approved State Universities for Part-Time Programmes
- Ekiti State University, Ado – Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Cross River State University, Calabar, Cross River State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rivers State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State
- Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Enugu State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State
- Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
- Niger Delta University, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State.
List of Approved Private Universities for Part-Time Programmes
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State
- Lead City university, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin — City, Edo State
- Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo, Ondo State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
GUIDELINES ON PART-TIME AND SANDWICH PROGRAMMES IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
Below are guidelines for conducting Part-time and Sandwich programmes in Nigerian universities. All universities currently operating Part-time programmes are expected to comply with the guidelines on programme by programme basis.
Consequently, universities still interested in running Part-time programmes are advised to forward fresh applications to the NUC on programme by programme basis.
This is, however, subject to the readiness of the university to comply with the following extant guidelines on part-time programmes:
- The admission and graduation requirements, Staffing, Library and physical facilities requirements must be in line with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) for the various full-time academic programmes;
- For a programme to be eligible to run on part-time basis, the approved full-time equivalent must be available in the university, must have earned full accreditation and must be run within approved campuses;
- The enrolment into part-time programmes must not exceed 20% oftotal students ‘ population in the programme;
- The minimum duration of the part-time programmes must be 150% of the approved duration of the Full-Time equivalent;
- Approval shall not be granted for part-time programmes in Environmental Sciences, Engineering/Technology, Law,Medicine/Medical Sciences, Pharmacy [Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dentistry; and Veterinary Science;
- All admissions into part-time programmes must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Part-time programmes must be run within approved campuses of universities where the human and material resources for the teaching of the programmes are domiciled, i.e. on the main campus of the university;
- Part-time programmes shall be subjected to the NUC accreditation assessment upon maturity of the programme;
- For any programme to be eligible for part-time mode, it must have produced two (2) sets of graduates and satisfied the Resource Verification Requirements.
- Commencement of a part-time programme MUST be subject to NUC ‘s approval. Approval of commencement of all parttime programmes must be obtained.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding List of Universities Approved for Part-Time Programmes in Nigeria, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.