NDDC Training in Home Finishing Skills Programme 2017. The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in partnership with Empowerment Support Initiative (ESI) and in furtherance of its mandate on Human Capital Development, have concluded arrangements to train Niger Delta Youths and Women in the capacity below:
Title: Training in Home Finishing Skills Programme
About Home Finishing Skills Programme
- The Home Finishing Skills programme is structured to address and fill the yawning gap of skilled craftsmen and craftsmanship in finishing of construction projects, especially homes and offices in Nigeria.
- This programme therefore seeks to develop and deliver training, under the supervision of world class experts from the UK, for 100 qualified participants, in the first instance.
The skills training will be in the following occupations:
- P. O. P Ceiling Installation
- Floor Tiling
- Electrical Wiring
- To provide an opportunity for young people and artisans to develop improved work skills and knowledge (up-skilling) and to enable participants to significantly improve their chances of gaining long term employment and sustainable business opportunities in their chosen craft.
- The training programme is planned to last 4 weeks, with student/participants attending other development activities. The activity is to commence from 10th January, 2018 to 10th February, 2018.
- It is anticipated that there will be 100 students per cycle. Students will have some skills, knowledge and competence of the subject matter.
- All training, assessment and materials to be in the English language.
- Delivery location and training center will be at The Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. The precise training format will be a mix of practical workshop based teaching of skills and knowledge, coupled with work-simulated competence assessment.
- This programme has been developed by and is the copyright of ESI. It will be based on the requirements taken from relevant UK occupational standards and associated qualifications which will be contextualized to meet the requirements in Nigeria.
- Development of the curriculum and supporting materials undertaking scoping and development is by ESI. The original materials will be supplied, plus a limited number of copies for distribution to the funding agencies. All student copies will be printed in country on demand.
- The programme will be delivered in-country by ESI International Skills Partnership Exchange Programme qualified trades tradesmen/women. Each expert will deliver the programme in total per subject, spread over 4 weeks.
- Teaching and assessments will take place in appropriate teaching classrooms/workshops at The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Imo State. In addition, students will be taught work ready/employability skills as an integrated part of the programme. These skills will better equip students to see long term employment and business opportunities.
- This high impact, intensive skills teaching and competence assessed approach will ensure that students will receive the skills and knowledge they require to achieve the required skills standards.
Capacity Building Benefit Package
- Through on the job coaching and mentoring, the chosen students will have the opportunity to be invited to the UK to be trained as teachers, learning training skills so that in time, they can run the programme in country without the need for UK trainers on site.
- During the initial tranche of activity, a programme of in-country capacity and capability building will be developed. This will be designed to provide top achieving students with an opportunity to become the trainers of the future.
- Certificates will be issued to students upon satisfactory achievement of all the skills assessment criteria.
- School Cert, City & Guilds or above in relevant crafts. Hands-on knowledge of and experience in specific trade/skill is required. Only practicing tradesmen and women will be considered.
- Those who have no working experience in above stated skill areas need not apply. Candidates must hail from the Niger Delta Region.
- Age: 18-35
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 8th December, 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding NDDC Training in Home Finishing Skills Programme 2017, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.