How to Study Medicine and Surgery in UNN… The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) is a federal university founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally inaugurated on October 7 1960. It is located in Nsukka and has three campuses at Nsukka, Enugu and Ituku-Ozalla in Enugu State.
How to Study Medicine and Surgery in UNN: Requirements & Procedure
The medical school, in Enugu, has most of it activities in the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), where doctors and other health workers are trained with high standards and have proven over the years that they can effect a significant positive change in Africa and the entire worlds’ healthcare system. Doctors and nurses trained in the institution have contributed to the advancement of medicine.
UNN Admission Requirements for Medicine and Surgery.
Students are admitted via the joint admission and matriculation board (JAMB) exam into the 6year programme and direct entry into the 5year programme.
UTME Admission Candidate must possess;
- 5 credits pass in mathematics, English, physic, and chemistry in not more than 2 sittings
- An acceptable score in JAMB and recently through subsequent POST UME university of Nigeria entrance exam/screening for all candidates who scored from 200 and above.
Direct Entry Candidates must possess;
- A Level pass in physics, chemistry, biology, Mathematics and English Language or
- 1st degree in any course in the biological sciences in addition to 5 credits in English, Mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology at O level.
Due to the recent scrap off of POST UTME, candidates who made it pass the UME examination by scoring 200 and above will need to proceed to the screening exercise and on attaining the required average score will be given provisional admission to study medicine and surgery.
How to Apply
- When filling your jamb details, choose UNN from the list of universities listed.
- Get to know every detail on the school, the cut off marks and all.
- Read and prepare for the exam.
- Get prepared and attend the university’s pre-screening exercise on the date designed for you.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding How to Study Medicine and Surgery in UNN | Things You Should Know, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.