The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC salary structure is quite similar to that of other top Government agency under the Presidency with the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) as the Supervising Authority. The FRSC is paid using the CONPASS Salary Scale.
Most people who want to build their career in the FRSC would want to know the FRSC salary structure. As a result, there have been a lot of search queries,
Some of them include;
- FRSC Salary Structure
- FRSC Salary Scale
- FRSC Monthly Salary
- How much does FRSC pay their Staffs?
- How much does FRSC Pay HND Holder
- How much does FRSC Pay B.Sc Holder
We will try as much as we can to address some of these queries in this article.
It is important to note that Officers of the FRSC are paid according to their rank and levels just as it is applicable in the NSCDC, Nigerian Army, Police, Airforce and Navy. The FRSC ranking is divided into two namely; Commissioned and Non Commissioned Officers.
However, before we go deeply into FRSC salary structure, let’s find out more about FRSC.
Duties of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC
The Federal Road Safety Corps is saddled with a lot of responsibilities, some of them which include
- Making the highway safe for motorists and other road users.
- Recommending works and devices designed to eliminate or minimize accidents on the highways and advising the Federal and State Governments including the Federal Capital Territory Administration and relevant governmental agencies on the localities where such works and devices are required, and
- Educating motorists and members of the public on the importance of discipline on the highway.
In particular, the Commission is charged with the responsibilities for:
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways;
- Educating drivers, motorists and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways;
- Designing and producing the driver’s license to be used by various categories of vehicle operators;
- Determining, from time to time, the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant for a driver’s licence;
- Designing and producing vehicle number plates
- The standardization of highway traffic codes;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting researches into causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the result of such researches;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
- Cooperating with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or in prevention of accidents on the highways;
- Making regulations in pursuance of any of the functions assigned to the Corps by or under this Act.
- Regulating the use of sirens, flashers and beacon lights on vehicles other than ambulances and vehicles belonging to the Armed Forces, Nigeria Police, Fire Service and other Para-military agencies;
- Providing roadside and mobile clinics for the treatment of accident victims free of charge;
- Regulating the use of mobile phones by motorists;
- Regulating the use of seat belts and other safety devices;
- Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highway;
- Maintaining the validity period for drivers’ licences which shall be three years subject to renewal at the expiration of the validity period;
FRSC RANK STRUCTURE
FRSC OFFICERS RANKS / STRUCTURE
|1||ARC||Assistant Route Commander (Entry Point)|
|2||DRC||Deputy Route Commander|
|4||SRC||Superintendent Route Commander|
|5||CRC||Chief Route Commander|
|6||ACC||Assistant Corps Commander|
|7||DCC||Deputy Corps Commander|
|9||ACM||Assistant Corps Marshal|
|10||DCM||Deputy Corps Marshal|
FRSC MARSHALS RANKS / STRUCTURE
|1||Junior Marshals||RMAIII||Road Marshal Assistant III (Entry Point)|
|2||RMAII||Road Marshal Assistant II|
|3||RMAI||Road Marshal Assistant I|
|4||SRMA||Senior Road Marshal Assistant|
|5||DCRMA||Deputy Chief Road Marshal Assistant|
|6||CRMA||Chief Road Marshal Assistant|
|7||Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs)||MI-III||Marshal Inspector III|
|8||MI-II||Marshal Inspector II|
|9||MI-I||Marshal Inspector I|
|10||Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs)||SMI||Senior Marshal Inspector|
|11||PMI||Principal Marshal Inspector|
|12||ACI||Assistant Chief Inspector|
|13||DCI||Deputy Chief Inspector|
Read Also: FRSC Recruitment Portal.
Federal Road Safety Agency, FRSC Salary Structure
As mentioned earlier, the FRSC salary structure is solely based on the level of your ranking.
A 2007 reports state that the Federal Road Safety Officers Salary was increased as a result of the constant protest by Officers of the Road Safety. This development leads to the introduction of the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure into the Road Safety which increased the FRSC salary by about N5,000 and Officers at the apex of their rank by N15,000.
Our recent findings reveal that just like other agencies using the CONPASS salary scales,
Officers with SSCE earn about N40,000 per month
FRSC Graduates earn about over a N100,000 per month
Some senior officers in the agency earn about N250,000 and above.
Note: Figure quoted on this page are not absolute, there are just to give you an insight as to what the Federal Road Safety Commission pay their staff. If you have a more concrete figure help us make this page better, by dropping a comment below.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC Salary Structure & Rank, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.