Before you apply for the Canadian Visa, there are some requirements that you must meet, before your application is granted. In fact, before you visit the Canadian Embassy, you must get familiar with some of these application requirements.
Every Nigerian with intention of traveling to Canada for what so ever reason, should assimilate the content on this page.
Canadian Visa Application Requirements in Nigeria
First, download and complete the Application Form IMM 5257 and Family Information Form IMM 5645. You must give accurate answers to every question in both forms. If a question is not applicable to you write N/A.
- Click Here to Download Application Form IMM 5257
- Click Here to Download Family Information Form IMM 5645
If you are traveling with family members, each of them must complete and sin their own application. Only those who are aged 18 and above are required to fill the forms. For children younger than 18 years of age, they must have their form signed by a parent or guardian.
Importantly, you are required to list all your children under the age of 18 on the Family Information Form, even when they are not accompanying you. If you have more than three family members, you will need additional copies of the form.
When filling the forms, be sure to include your mailing address, reliable phone number, and email address. You should fill out the new forms electronically and submit a print out of your computer-generated forms, including the 2D barcode page.
You will also need to submit the following items:
- Two passport photographs with the date and your signature at the back. The passport must not be older than six months. If you’re to be accompanied by your family member(s), submit 2 passport photographs for each individual, and write their name and date of birth on the back.
- Evidence of payment of your visa processing fee.
- Your original passport and that of anyone accompanying you (if you’re not going alone). The passport must be a Nigerian-issued one. It must have a minimum of two blank visa pages and at least 6 months validity. Along with the passport, you will submit a photocopy of the bio-data page (the page showing your name, photo, date of birth, etc.).
- Previous passports (evidence of your previous travel history, if any).
- A note containing an explanation of the purpose of your trip, length of stay, destination, and contacts. You must also provide a provisional airline booking.
- An invitation from the person or business you’re visiting — stating the visit dates, duration, purpose, and contact information.
- Proof of funds. You must submit convincing evidence that you have enough funds to cover your travel and other expenses. Acceptable evidence includes a certified bank statement showing your account history over the past three months, or evidence of investments in your name.
- Evidence of invitation, registration, and hotel confirmation (if you’re going to Canada for a seminar, conference, or trade show).
- Self-addressed pre-paid return courier envelope to return your documents.
Other documents that may apply in certain circumstances include the following:
- A letter from your employer stating the purpose of your travel (if you’re travelling for business purposes).
- Proof of your business (if you’re a businessman). Examples include business registration certificates, tax clearance certificates, trade certificates, licenses and financial documents (business bank account statement for past six months).
- Proof of employment, such as a letter from your current employer and payslips (last 3 months).
- Proof of current studies (if you’re a student).
- A copy of the IMM5257 Schedule 1 (Click here to download).
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Canadian Visa Application Requirements in Nigeria, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.