Every Nigerian, with the intention of travelling to Canada, needs to first all understand the Canadian visa application procedures and guidelines.
Canadian Visa Application Procedures in Nigeria
1. Check your Eligibility Status
Before you can be allowed to visit Canada, you must meet these conditions:
- You must have a valid international passport
- You must be of sound health
- You must be able to convince the Canadian immigration officer that you have a job, business, assets, or family that will compel you to come back to Nigeria after your short stay in Canada
- You must have enough money to cover your stay in Canada
- You must have all the requirements that must be submitted at the Visa application center. (Click here to see the requirements.)
There are some conditions that might lead to Canadian visa denial. Some of the include,
- If you pose a security risk,
- Have committed human right violations,
- If have been once convicted of a crime,
- Serious health challenge
- Serious financial constraint
- Lying in your application or interview.
2. Complete the Visa Application Form
Before you fill your visa application form, you will need to have a tangible reason for applying, as this will help in knowing the type of visa your applying for, be it temporary resident visa, student visa or work permit.
There are two ways to complete your visa application form:
You can fill the form online (Click this page to get started) provided you have a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your document for uploading and a valid credit card for payment.
Another option, you can fill the form offline. This option is recommended for Nigerians. Here are the steps involved:
- Download the Temporary Resident Visa application forms and Instruction Guide on this page.
- The instruction guide contains all the information that will help you complete your application form correctly and successfully. The completed application must include the barcode page.
3. Complete VFS Consent Form
Download the VFS consent form. Fill the form and attach it with your application form. If you don’t have this form — duly completed and signed — attached to your application, it will be returned to you.
- Click Here to download VFS Consent Form.
4. Pay the Visa Application Processing Fees
Visit the Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) to pay the required visa processing fees and the biometric fees. The center is located at No 16, Billings way, Oregun Industrial area, Ikeja, Lagos. Please note that you may be charged an additional $39.82 (N6,200) service charge at the CVAC.
You’re to pay in person by cash only at Bank Counter in the CVAC, along with submission of application.
- Click Here to see Visa Application Fees Details
5. Submit your Application Package
At the Canada Visa Application Center, submit your application form and other required documents as well as proof of payment of your visa processing and biometric fees. Note that you will be required to give your biometrics at the visa application center. Note that visa applications are accepted from 8am to 3pm on Mondays to Fridays.
Once you pay your fees, you will be issued receipts. One of these receipts will contain a unique tracking number that you will use to track the status of your application online.
6. Track your Visa Application
Using the unique tracking number in your receipt, track the status of your application by entering the number on this page.
7. Wait for Processing
A temporary resident visa to Canada takes 14 days to process.
8. Submit your passport
Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and that request letter either in person at the CVAC or by courier to the CVAC address (see above). Note that you will be required to pay passport transmission service charge of $31.86 (N4,950) at any GTBank counter to these details:
- Account name: CANADA VALUE ADDED SERVICE COLLECTION ACCOUNT
- Account number: 0109515451
Note that you will enclose the payment for passport transmission along with the passport. Once the proof is received, your passport will be forwarded to The Deputy High Commission of Canada, Lagos.
Also enclose a self-addressed courier return envelope along with your passport if you want your passport to be mailed back to you once it’s ready.
9. Retrieve your Passport
Once your passport is ready for retrieval you will be notified. You can either pick up the passport in person or send a self-addressed courier return envelope with your passport and request letter.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Canadian Visa Application Procedures in Nigeria: Application Guidelines & Requirements, Kindly Make Use Of The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.